Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Success!!

I've slacked a bit at getting a post up in the past week or so.  I have no reason as to why.  I just haven't.  Shame on me.  Ha!  Despite my lack of blogging in the past week, I had a really good week!  I dropped 2 more pounds.  :)  Totally stoked to finally be headed in the right direction!  I'm now at a total of 10 pounds down.

This is spot on!  Remembering the goal at hand is motivation!

I have noticed a bit more of how my body works, or so I think.  The first month of eating better and working out seemed to be slow going.  It felt like it took my body that time to "warm up", so to speak.  After the first month I feel like I'm noticing more on the scale and finally seeing a difference in how my clothes are fitting.



With my latest successes I've been very motivated to keep up the hard work.  I've been pushing myself at the gym, mostly doing cardio.  I will go about 2.5 miles on the elliptical and then another 2.5 on either the treadmill or stationary bike.  All done within an hour time frame.  It might not seem like much to some but I'm building up my stamina and endurance.  I hope to be able to move from 5 miles in an hour to 8 soon.  Then possibly 10.  We'll see how that goes though.  

I have found a great source of inspiration.  I stumbled across THIS BLOG yesterday, courtesy of Pinterest.  I find this woman to be such a motivator.  I can totally relate to her journey in losing weight and I respect her for her genuine HARD work in losing weight the right way.  I'm pushed to try harder to see more results after reading through her blog.



While reading through the blog, I read and saw first hand results from the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.  After gaining a quick found respect for this blogger, I immediately decided that I wanted to try the 30 Day Shred too.   I text James and asked if he would get it for me.  Being the loving and supportive fiance that he is, he had it for me by the time I got home from work.



After a good hour workout at the gym, I went home to start day 1 of my 30 Day Shred.  I've done Insanity before so I thought this would be cake.  Let me just say that the Jillian kicks your ass!  I thought I sweat it out pretty good at the gym.  I was wrong.  By the time I was done with what I thought was a measly 20 minute workout, I was covered in sweat.  I had sweat dripping from my face just as I did when I did Insanity.




Day 2 will be tonight.  I'm shooting for 5 days of 30 Day Shred a week.  I hope to get some killer results.  I will also be taking some before pictures tonight as well as all of my measurements.  I WILL post those here too.  I've hesitated to do so because of how embarrassed I am by how heavy I have gotten.  No more hiding.  I think that posting the cold hard truths here will help hold me more accountable.

I'm more determined than ever right now to drop some more weight.  I really believe that it's possible for me to drop 10 more pounds (maybe even more) by the end of the month.  20 pounds in 2 1/2 months isn't too shabby in my opinion.  I could possibly even get closer to my original 30 pound goal than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment