Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Changing things up!



The past week has been somewhat shitty, yet again.  I didn't see a change on the scale even after starting the Jillian Michael 30 Day Shred.  I think the problem could be one of two things.  1 - I'm not eating enough food or 2 - I was eating too late.

That being said, I've changed things up a bit this week in hopes that things will go in my favor.  Last week I was eating dinner after we got home from the gym at 7:00-7:30 (which meant that dinner wasn't done until 8:00-8:30).  This week I've switched back to eating dinner before we hit the gym.  It seems to be working so far.  I've dropped another pound already!

Along with eating dinner before the gym, I'm trying to up my calorie intake a bit.  My BodyMedia program shows that I should be eating 1500 calories a day.  I had been consuming right between 1100-1200 calories.  1500 has seemed a bit high for me but I'm going to try my hardest to hit that.  I'm going to start eating snacks between meals too.  That should easily give me the extra few hundred calories I need to be eating.  I have done snacks in the past but I always feel like I'm continually eating.  It'll be worth it though if I can start seeing some more results!  

Check out this YUMMY recipe I found and made for dinner last night.  I had the veggies along with some with some salmon.  The veggies and a 6oz piece of salmon were only 435 calories!  Low calorie and delicious!

 


1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion 
1 tsp minced garlic 
1 medium zucchini 
1 medium yellow squash
1 medium potato (I used a sweet potato in place of a regular potato)
1 medium tomato
1 tsp dried thyme 
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup shredded Italian cheese

STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Saute both
in a skillet with olive oil until softened (about five minutes).
STEP 2: While the onion and garlic are sauteing, thinly slice the rest of the vegetables.
STEP 3: Spray the inside of an 8x8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread the
softened onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish. Place the thinly sliced vegetables in the baking
dish vertically, in an alternating pattern. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and thyme.
STEP 4: Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, top with cheese and
bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment