Friday, June 1, 2012

12 Weeks: The size of a lime

HOW FAR ALONG? 12 weeks




THIS WEEK, THE BABY IS THE SIZE OF A: The size of a lime - weighs 1/2 ounce and is over 2 inches from head to bottom


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS/GAIN: The scale has jumped this week... I'm up 4 freaking pounds.  I partially blame it to the birthday festivities and the holiday weekend. Back to healthy eating!
MATERNITY CLOTHES? Not yet.
SLEEP: Pretty good... minus the past couple days.  I've had a lovely sore throat.
BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK: Hearing the heartbeat at the doctor's office!  Such a great sound!
MOVEMENT: None
FOOD CRAVINGS: I haven't really had any... I don't think.  Although a new favorite thing is Dill Pickle Potato Chips.
SYMPTOMS: My nose has been driving me crazy!  I don't know if I can blame allergies or pregnancy most.  It's so stuffy 24/7 and there's nothing I can do to stop it.
GENDER: Not sure yet.  Still hoping on a boy.
FEELINGS TOWARD PREGNANCY: I've enjoyed it so far.  Everything has been great.
WHAT I MISS: Nothing really. 
WHAT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO: Finding out the gender!


I have to say, it was nice going to the doc this week.  We got to hear the heartbeat.
It was a relief to hear the doctor say that everything is great.
She got me excited what the next weeks to come.
At our next appointment we could do the testing for downs syndrome & neural tube defects.
We aren't sure that we even want to do that though.  We have a month to decide.  
We will be able to schedule our next ultrasound appointment too.
It probably won't be too long afterwards that I will be able to feel the baby move too.
So many things to look forward to.
In the mean time, I hope I can rid myself of this cold/allergy issue in a hurry!







No comments:

Post a Comment