Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week 14: the size of a lemon!

HOW FAR ALONG? 14 weeks



THIS WEEK, THE BABY IS THE SIZE OF A: Lemon - measures 3 1/2 inches and weighs about 1.5 ounces.



TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS/GAIN: I'm actually down a couple pounds so up a total of 3 pounds.  

MATERNITY CLOTHES? Not yet.

SLEEP: Pretty good.  I think I've passed the worst of my cold and I'm finally sleeping again.

BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK: Not really sure... it was just an ordinary week for me.

MOVEMENT: None

FOOD CRAVINGS: Nothing specific really.  I've decided that I can always eat a good hamburger though!

SYMPTOMS: I welcomed in the 2nd trimester with some horrible nausea this morning.  I wanted more than anything to just puke but couldn't.  I have also noticed the muscles in my belly more.  They are tight and have often hurt a bit... all for a good cause though.

GENDER: Not sure yet... soon!

FEELINGS TOWARD PREGNANCY: I've enjoyed it so far.  Everything has been great.

WHAT I MISS: Nothing really. 

WHAT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO: Find out the gender!


I've been debating on whether we should find out the sex of the baby before our 20 week ultrasound.
We can go to Fetal Sudios or Fetal Foto for gender determination at 15 weeks.
I'm hesitant because I'm not too sure if they'll really be able to tell.
I'd hate to spend the money on the ultrasound only to have it be a waste.
I know that James is anxious to find out too.  He wants a boy.
After asking him what he wants to do, he doesn't know though.
So the question we are faced with is.....
Find out the gender next week or wait for 6 more weeks to find out at our doctor appointment?

No comments:

Post a Comment