Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Checking in

This week I'm feeling a little frustrated with my progress.  I just have to keep reminding myself that even though I'm not seeing any result, I'm making a difference.  I came across this the other day and I just have to keep reminding myself...


The number on the scale hasn't changed since my last post.  I have been sticking to healthy eating (less the "cheat" day I had on Sunday... a Buffalo Wild Wings opened here last week and we just couldn't resist).  I have been going to the gym at least every other day.  I not only am doing cardio.  I am also lifting weights.  Maybe the number on the scale hasn't changed because I'm actually putting on some muscle?  I think I'll go with that option so I don't get so frustrated and just want to give up all hope.  ;)

I think this is a good reminder...


Muscle takes up much less space than fat.  Muscle also helps burn more fat.  I'll take more muscle fat any day of the week!  I won't lie though, it's hard work!  My body is sore.  Since I haven't really done anything too horribly active in the past while, it is taking me a few day to get my muscles back to not sore, only to do it all over again.  It's a good kind of hurt though.  I know that I'm doing something and that something good will come of all the pain.


I love this!  It is exactly what I have been thinking.  I have hated the way that I look but I'm the only one to blame.  No more excuse, just hard work!  My weight isn't going to hold me back anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment