Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Weight Loss Goal!

I would say I'm probably like a good majority of America... I have struggled with my weight for what I would say has been most of my life.  I was a chunky kid in middle school, thinned out a bit in high school and shortly thereafter and then started putting some weight back on as I approached my mid 20's. 

I am now nearing 30 (only 2 1/2 more years) and I'm not where I want to be, physically.  I also want so badly to be healthy and fit again.  Last year, James and I went on a health kick and both dropped a substantial amount of weight.  We then decided to try to have a baby and our healthy lifestyle was sort of put on the back burner.  I know there's no reason to not continue to be healthy, pregnant or not, hence my new goal of losing 30 pounds before James and I can start trying for a baby again.

I figured I'd post my goal here.  Maybe this will help hold me a little more accountable than if I just keep it to myself.  I figure that I have roughly 3 months before James and I can try to get pregnant again.  This means my goal will be 10 pounds per month or about 2 1/2 pounds per week.  I think this is something that is totally doable.  I don't feel that I'm being unrealistic with my goal either. 

I will be doing it the healthy way.  No cutting out certain foods.  No extreme measures.  Just healthy eating and exercising.  I intend to continue managing a healthy weight throughout my hopeful pregnancy too and then afterwards, drop some more weight to get back to my ideal body weight.

I came across a website today that I found inspirational and very useful.  I would encourage anyone else wanting to lose some weight to visit it too.  It is http://www.superskinnyme.com/.  They have multiple calculators you can use.  Calculators that will help you figure out your BMI or the number of calories you should intake, just to name a couple.  There are numerous articles that I enjoyed reading as well. 

I will post back with my progress throughout the next several months.  I know from personal experience, seeing or reading how other are doing or have done can give you that little extra push in the right direction! 

Here we go!

5 comments:

  1. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. BCAAs benefits

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta favorite this website it seems very helpful . CoolSculpting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta favorite this website it seems very helpful . wie kann ich am besten abnehmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me. where to buy forskolin extract

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for providing recent updates regarding the concern, I look forward to read more. forskolin com

    ReplyDelete