Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Weight Loss Goal!

I would say I'm probably like a good majority of America... I have struggled with my weight for what I would say has been most of my life.  I was a chunky kid in middle school, thinned out a bit in high school and shortly thereafter and then started putting some weight back on as I approached my mid 20's. 

I am now nearing 30 (only 2 1/2 more years) and I'm not where I want to be, physically.  I also want so badly to be healthy and fit again.  Last year, James and I went on a health kick and both dropped a substantial amount of weight.  We then decided to try to have a baby and our healthy lifestyle was sort of put on the back burner.  I know there's no reason to not continue to be healthy, pregnant or not, hence my new goal of losing 30 pounds before James and I can start trying for a baby again.

I figured I'd post my goal here.  Maybe this will help hold me a little more accountable than if I just keep it to myself.  I figure that I have roughly 3 months before James and I can try to get pregnant again.  This means my goal will be 10 pounds per month or about 2 1/2 pounds per week.  I think this is something that is totally doable.  I don't feel that I'm being unrealistic with my goal either. 

I will be doing it the healthy way.  No cutting out certain foods.  No extreme measures.  Just healthy eating and exercising.  I intend to continue managing a healthy weight throughout my hopeful pregnancy too and then afterwards, drop some more weight to get back to my ideal body weight.

I came across a website today that I found inspirational and very useful.  I would encourage anyone else wanting to lose some weight to visit it too.  It is http://www.superskinnyme.com/.  They have multiple calculators you can use.  Calculators that will help you figure out your BMI or the number of calories you should intake, just to name a couple.  There are numerous articles that I enjoyed reading as well. 

I will post back with my progress throughout the next several months.  I know from personal experience, seeing or reading how other are doing or have done can give you that little extra push in the right direction! 

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment