Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week 11: Concerns & Fun Things

I'm almost to the 2nd trimester now and hope that some more energy comes along with it.  This week has been probably the most difficult for me yet.  I have had nausea day and night every day this week.  To top that off, I'm so tired.  The nausea starts when I get up in the morning and continues on with me until I go to bed.  Eating will help but only eases the nausea for maybe an hour or so.  Still no puking though so I guess I really don't have much room to complain.  I know there are plenty of other women out there that would beg to switch me places.  :)

Other than that, still no other changes.  Some days I often forget that I'm even pregnant.  It's still hard to totally grasp the concept that there is something growing inside of me.  Probably more so for me than others just because I have felt pretty normal throughout these first few months (less the nausea this week).  I keep saying that "I don't feel pregnant".  Honestly, I don't really know how being pregnant SHOULD feel.  I think a lot of us get the idea that you get pregnant and you're puking and don't feel good.  Maybe this is how pregnancy feels to me!  If so, I think I totally lucked out.  It's been a walk in the park so far.

I do find myself thinking about the baby a lot, even though I don't really "feel" pregnant.  There are a lot of concerns.  Things like, is the baby going to be healthy?  Is the delivery going to go well?  Will we be able to provide of him/her like we want?  Will I be able to stay home with my little one?  If not, what about child care?  On the other hand, there are all of the fun things to think about.  What will the baby look like?  Will it be a boy or a girl?  What colors do we want to do the nursery in?  The list could go on and on for both sets of thoughts.

So next week is my second doctor's appointment.  I should be able to hear the little heart beat.  I can't wait for this part.  Seeing the heart beat at my first appointment was amazing.  I imagine to actually be able to hear the heartbeat will be something so special.  I had a moment earlier in the week where I thought how surreal this whole experience is.  My life is changing (for the better).  It's a huge change.  It's still somewhat difficult to wrap my head around.  I bet hearing the heartbeat will help make everything seem just that much more real.

The next big milestone will be finding out the sex of the baby!  We cannot wait for this, James probably more so than me.  I don't really have a huge preference on whether the baby is a boy or girl.  James most definitely wants a boy.  He's set on it being a boy actually.  I think him wanting a boy so badly kind of makes me want a boy too.  I'll be very happy either way though.







No comments:

Post a Comment