Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Week 17: the size of a turnip!


HOW FAR ALONG? 17 weeks

 

THIS WEEK, THE BABY IS THE SIZE OF A: The size of a turnip - weighs about 5 ounces and is about 5 inches long.

 

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS/GAIN: After my doctor's visit last week, I'm up 7 pounds.  I wish it were a bit less but I don't think that's too bad for 4 months in.   
 
MATERNITY CLOTHES? Not yet, although when I sit now my pants feel a bit tighter on my belly.
 
SLEEP: Not too bad.
 
BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK: I THINK I've been feeling him move a little it.  It's hard to tell though because it's pretty subtle still.   
 
MOVEMENT: Above. :)
 
FOOD CRAVINGS: I still don't think I've really had any cravings.
 
SYMPTOMS: Just my nose.  It continues to be super stuffy and I've had the pleasure of experience nose bleeds semi regularly.

GENDER: Boy.  To be confirmed in a couple of week at our official doctor ultrasound.
 
FEELINGS TOWARD PREGNANCY: I've enjoyed it so far.  Everything has been great.
 
WHAT I MISS: This week I'm missing my wine.  We're going camping this weekend and I'm making sangrias for everyone.  I'm totally jealous! 
 
WHAT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO: Feeling more distinct movements.


As I'm sure you've noticed, I skipped last week, Week 16.  
This past week has been quite a roller coaster.
The company that I had been working for was closed last Monday.
I had been with the company for nearly 10 years now.
This was unexpected and left me and James scrambling to make sure things were in order.
We spent nearly every hour last week getting things sorted out.
Nothing like being almost half way through pregnancy and suddenly losing all health benefits and pay.
Needless to say, it put a bit of a kink in our plans.
I think we have a plan in place now and though so things will hopefully continue on as planned.
I say think because things are always subject to change at this point!
Anyhow, I should be back to my normal blogging and updates from here on out!  
Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment