Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week 23: The size of a mango!

Ok, I know I've been slacking on my weekly posts.
Turns out, being unemployed seems to have left me short of more time than I thought.
There's lots to accomplish in a day while not working.
I have a new-found appreciation for stay at home mommies!

Anyway, there's a lot to catch up on so I'll get down to the fun stuff!
PS... I definitely have a baby bump to show off now.  :D



HOW FAR ALONG? 23 weeks.  I had my scheduled anatomy ultrasound in the middle of July.  At this appointment the doctor decided that my baby is definitely ahead of what my estimated due date was.  Therefore, I've officially shaved an easy 11 days off of my pregnancy (granted baby comes on time).  They've moved my due date from December 11th to December 1st.  We are honestly hoping for an end of November baby though.  I know with a 1st time pregnancy that isn't likely but we can sure hope!

 

THIS WEEK, THE BABY IS THE SIZE OF A: The size of a large mango and weighs over 1 pound now!




TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS/GAIN: I have gained a total of 16 pounds.  I'm more than half way through the pregnancy though and the doc seems OK with that so I am pleased too.  Besides, James has gained more weight this pregnancy than I have so I have something to validate my gain against!  :) 
 
MATERNITY CLOTHES? YES!  Best thing I could have done last weekend, honestly.  My pants were getting tight and uncomfortable.  I can still wear my regular jeans and do the elastic trick to hold them up but it really isn't that great compared to actual maternity pants!  I HIGHLY recommend purchasing maternity pants as soon as you think they're necessary.  Don't hold off on this!  Comfort from maternity pants is amazing when your belly starts to get big!
 
SLEEP: I've been sleeping pretty well.  I turn a lot when sleeping though and have noticed that doing so sometimes causes the sensation of a pulled muscle in my belly.  That usually wakes me up because it's a big ZING near my groin area and up the side of my belly.  Oh, and nightly bathroom breaks (at least twice these days) are necessary.
 
BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK: Feeling the little guy move around so much. :)
 
MOVEMENT: Lots!  We've got a very active boy on our hands!
 
FOOD CRAVINGS: I still claim that I haven't really had any.
 
SYMPTOMS: My nose, still.  I hope that it changes after the baby is born.  Also, I have finally experience dreaded hemorrhoids.  I have NEVER had them before and honestly though I'd get away without experience this issue while pregnant.  WRONG!  They suck.  End of story.

GENDER: Most definitely a boy.  The anatomy ultrasound confirmed this for us 100%.  :)
 
FEELINGS TOWARD PREGNANCY: Everything has been great.  I have had a very pleasant experience.
 
WHAT I MISS: A glass of wine!  James bought a couple bottles this past week and it made me very jealous.  He's not even a big wine drinker so I swear he was doing it just to make me jealous.  ;) 
 
WHAT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO: More baby shopping!  It's harder to do know that our budget it tight though.  I've just got to be creative on our budgeting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment