Monday, November 28, 2011

Week 9: Q&A

Ahhhh, nothing like a long weekend to enjoy Thanksgiving with my family.  Very much needed!  In turn, I am a few days behind on my regular weekly post so I'll jump right in.

I'm sure this blog post will be short and sweet since I feel like there hasn't really been anything really new happening this past week.  :)

I'm still fighting nausea but no actual puking.  I find my self very tired still but I somehow manage to push through the day.  After our Thanksgiving feast, I managed to put up our Christmas tree and decorate it.  How's that for pushing through being tired?  Ha!

Other than that, I'm just the same old me.  I really want to start taking belly pictures so I can physically see the changes.  I don't notice them because I'm obviously with myself at all times.  I think this week will be the week that I start.  I just need to do it now!

So my best friend, Katie, was asking me some questions the other day so I thought I'd address them here as well.  I'm sure there are others out there are wondering the same types of things.  Here we go!

Q: Can you notice a physical change with your body?
A: Not really.  I have yet to really gain any weight even.  Just the normal fluctuating of weight.  Since Thanksgiving I have somehow actually dropped 2 pounds.  My pants that fit somewhat snug before seem to be getting a little tighter but not uncomfortable yet.  At my doctor's appointment, my doc told me that my uterus is enlarged but I just don't notice that yet.  Cramping has stopped though.

Q: Have you been eating better and/or working out?  Can you work out while prego?
A: I haven't really been eating any different than I was before.  The feeling of wanting to eat a horse has subsided.  I know when I'm full now and can stop before I feel crappy.  As far as working out, I personally haven't been working out.  I know I probably should get into a routine though.  I read through all of the paperwork the doctor sent home with me.  One of the pamphlets went into what you can or can't do while pregnant.  For the most part, it's supposed to be low impact stuff.  You aren't supposed to accelerate your heart rate more than 150 bpm, or something like that (Don't quote me on this.  I'm just going off of what I can remember reading, not quoting anything directly).  I do remember seeing something in there about those who were physically active beforehand.  Most can keep up their running routines and such.  It's always best to talk to your doctor before doing so though.

Q: Did you know you were pregnant before taking the test?
A: I did not know that I was pregnant before taking the test.  For some reason though, I felt the need to take the test the day my period was supposed to start.  I would normally have waited a couple days after my missed period to take it.  Maybe it was intuition.  :)  I peed on the stick though and set it down.  I started getting ready and glanced over at it and thought "I swear I'm never going to get pregnant".  At the next glance over I noticed the faint line saying I was pregnant.  The rest is history!

These are just a few things I've been asked.  I'm sure there are plenty of other questions out there.  If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them!  Ask away!  I want my experience to be able to help others in their journey too. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment