Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pregnancy: Week 5

Here's the scoop... I recently found out that I'm expecting! Hooray, right? Well yes, it's great news and I'm very excited! As any other first time mother, I have found myself researching about everything to do with pregnancy. The thing is, most of the things I've found seem to be a bit sugar coated. I want the blunt and honest truths about everything to do with pregnancy. I can't find much of that so I've decided to blog about my personal experiences throughout my journey into motherhood.

So here we go! As of today, October 27th, I am 5 weeks pregnant. I honestly haven't felt a single physical change within myself yet. I don't feel tired. I don't have any bouts of morning sickness (yet). I'm able to go about my day as if there weren't anything going on inside of me. I feel just as I did a month ago.

I will share that I have had cramps. Probably less painful than regular period cramps though. I have talked to my sister (who is due to have her first baby in December) and she says it's perfectly normal. Another thing I have noticed is an increase in discharge. Nothing gross or weird, I promise. Clear and normal discharge. From what I have read, this, too, is perfectly normal. Your body is prepping for baby and your mucus plug is forming.

One big change I have noticed would be mentally and emotionally. This pregnancy is a planned pregnancy. It's what we wanted and I had plenty of time to think about it before actually conceiving. After I took the pregnancy test that showed a positive result I was very happy. After sharing the news with my fiance and then with our parents, an unexplainable overwhelming feeling came over me. This is REALLY happening now. There is no turning back or changing our minds. I have always known that I want to be a mother but that didn't change the second guessing I was doing. Don't worry. The feel has passed and I'm feeling great about our decision, yet again. :)

I must say though, I thought after finding out that I was pregnant, there would be some sort of instant connection with the little life growing inside of me. I feel bad saying it, but I don't feel that yet. It makes me worry that I will be somewhat distant with my child as he/she grows inside of me. Maybe that will change once I get to hear the little heart beating, I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I KNOW I have the capacity to love this little baby and I will love it with all my heart. Maybe it's just that being pregnant is all still so surreal to me. Only time will tell.

That's about all I have to report for now so until next week... ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment